We’re looking for an experienced Web Designer who can create beautiful and scalable UI/UX concepts.
The Web Designer will be responsible for defining the user experience and interface of large-scale marketing websites, with a focus on translating brands into meaningful, visually-impactful web experiences. The right person for the role will collaborate effectively with developers and content strategists to define the site functionality and structure, according to best practices in UX.
The designer will work with teammates and practice directors to craft solid concepts that leverage the unique strengths of interactivity to address defined business objectives while advocating for user needs. At each stage of the design process, the designer will take ownership of the concepts and clearly present the ideas to both clients and studio members. If you’re a natural problem solver, adapt quickly, and thrive by working with innovative, high-growth clients, this is the place for you.
- Establish a deep understanding of the problem to result in the creation of multiple solutions addressing articulated and unarticulated needs of the client and end users
- Effectively translate business strategy, contextual research, language, and processes into creative concepts and solutions
- Provide rationale for the team’s conceptual thinking and aesthetic solutions
- Map out low-fidelity user flows and wireframes
- Use InVision to create clickable prototypes
- Collaborate with development teams (internal and external) to ensure effective implementation of solutions
- Craft impactful design directions for websites
- Prioritize tasks to produce accurate results within quick turnaround times
- Translate internal critique and client feedback into thoughtful, appropriate action
- Maintain awareness of the web design industry at-large and recognize opportunities to aptly implement modern techniques
- A strong portfolio of work with examples of impactful brand expressions on the web and expert craftsmanship in visual design
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interactions, and navigation
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with developers and content strategists
- Knowledge of UX heuristics and best practices
- Knowledge of best practices in designing for accessibility on the web
- Proficiency in using Sketch for UI design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
- Work on-site in Indianapolis, Indiana
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.