VP of Finance / Controller
Studio Science is in search of a VP of Finance/Controller to join our executive team. As the senior financial and accounting leader, you will partner closely with the CEO and will oversee all aspects of financial management at our rapidly growing professional company through its next phase of expansion.
This hands-on position will be responsible for corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting budget and forecast preparation, development of internal control policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP, and will serve as the primary interface to our external CPA.
This is a high-visibility role that requires a proven financial professional who embraces our core values of honesty, collaboration, and excellence.
- Act as a primary financial strategist and strategic partner to senior executive leadership team, with accountability and consistently excellent performance
- Develop, maintain, and improve all internal controls and month-end and quarter-end close procedures, creating scalable processes to ensure all financial information is properly captured, reconciled, and documented
- Manage the payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, commissions, and bonuses and benefits, and financial reporting
- Manage the accuracy and completeness of financial statements
- Organize and drive all monthly, quarterly and annual closing/consolidation processes and ensure that all financial statements are timely and accurate
- Establish the company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable standards
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and coordinating with external CPA
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting processes and preparation of monthly variance analysis for review with Executive Team and department heads
- Help prepare financial presentation materials for Board of Directors’ meetings
- Collaborate with senior leadership and other departments on accounting policies, compliance requirements, and business needs
- Lead and motivate team members through effective communication, financial expertise, change management, team building, and integrity
- Actively develop and integrate accounting controls, new and improved systems, and new accounting systems and implement them to ensure that the Company has the proper financial infrastructure in place to streamline operations and facilitate growth
- Review and approve annual insurance renewals and audit requirements. Ensure proper insurance coverages are acquired to fit business needs
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting is required. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
- CPA (or equivalent experience) required
- 15+ years total accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and SOX compliance
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate and foster a positive and energetic work environment
- Exceptional work ethic and a team player
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading, managing and scaling the finance function (team, system implementation, and process development) within a professional services firm through periods of growth
- Quickbooks Pro Desktop, Harvest and Salesforce experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.