We're looking for a strategist to serve as senior brand and innovation consultant on our research & strategy team.
Senior strategists at Studio Science are trusted to build the strategic foundation for some of our highest profile projects. They work collaboratively to establish the project vision and build frameworks to ensure clients’ business objectives and market opportunities align with strategy and design.
An ideal candidate will be collaborative by nature and have a passion for helping clients answer their most pressing growth questions, defining new business models, and bringing new concepts to market. His/Her portfolio should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to apply analytical, strategic, and operational expertise to assess business opportunities, define design concepts, and convey compelling market strategies for clients.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the research and discovery process.
- Provide research parameters to the team, ensuring they align with client needs and project budgets.
- Design and lead the research approach, including defining the research focus; employing the appropriate methods and toolkits, and facilitating interviews and workshops.
- Identify and articulate insights relevant to the understanding of the client’s customers, culture, solutions, market segment, brand, and overall business trajectory.
- Propose strategic opportunities based on research insights, helping the client assess and identify the most appropriate direction.
- Articulate and own the strategic vision for client projects.
- Create and communicate strategic frameworks that will guide future design decisions.
- Work with brand design, product design, and content teams to ensure the strategic integrity of client deliverables.
- Manage client communications to ensure all deliverables are presented with an appropriate strategic rationale.
- Work with client experience manager to identify and deliver on client-growth opportunities.
- Contribute to the growth of Studio Science strategy practice.
- Serve as a knowledge source, helping Studio Science teams better understand and participate in the research and strategy practices.
- Identify and develop thought leadership opportunities, raising the profile and standard of work for the strategy practice.
- Assist in driving innovation of the Studio Science strategy practice, helping to improve the relevance, scale, and efficacy of Studio Science work.
- 7+ years of business experience with 3-5+ years of strategic consulting experience.
- Direct experience leading business strategy projects, ideally including growth strategies, brand positioning strategies, market assessments, business model design, product vision, and roadmapping.
- Portfolio shows the ability to integrate design and strategic business thinking.
- Demonstrated proficiency of people-centered research; able to plan and facilitate one-on-one and group research sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with experience presenting to and consulting with business leaders.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in design, design strategy, design research, or MBA preferred.
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.