Senior Designer/Design Lead – Brand Communication
We're seeking an experienced designer to lead, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver meaningful brand communication design.
Studio Science is seeking a highly strategic, brand communications designer with experience supporting and growing market-leading brands. As the leader of a team, they will actively collaborate with clients and our internal team to both direct and execute powerful, design-driven solutions for stakeholders across several clients and departments. In addition, they’ll work with our Client Experience Managers to spot issues before they turn into problems, manage changes in scope, and keep projects on time and on budget. This role is part project owner, part team leader, and part master-level craftsperson. If you use design to envision the future, adapt quickly, and thrive by working with innovative, high-growth clients, this is the place for you.
This role reports to the Director of Brand Design.
- Effectively operate at the intersection of complexity and ambiguity, translating business strategy, contextual research, language, and processes into creative concepts and solutions
- Identify, and create solutions for, known and unknown opportunities based on a deep understanding of the business objectives of growing mid-market and enterprise clients
- Develop or extend concepts, translating them into deliverables such as campaigns, presentations, infographics, ebooks, event collateral, and digital advertisements that go beyond the obvious or accepted solution
- Have a point of view of how the work addresses the client challenge
- Employ appropriate new technologies and opportunities when applicable
- Contribute to generating new business when necessary
- Communicate regularly with the Design Director about issues, team dynamics, workloads, new opportunities, etc.
- Build strong relationships with clients that foster trust, serving as an expert on corporate marketing and branding projects
- Engage with clients on a strategic level and partner with Client Experience Managers to facilitate a seamless experience with the studio
- Provide rationale for the team's aesthetic and strategic thinking to VP to C-level roles, supporting all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning
- Participate in building a strong, profitable and respected brand communications design practice by contributing relevant thought leadership for internal marketing efforts
- Help evolve internal processes, ensuring efficiency and smarter work
- Engage in the design community, in recruitment efforts, and help build an influential creative network
- Manage multiple projects for various clients and meet all deadlines
- Up-to-date portfolio of work that demonstrates strong conceptual and compositional skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field (experience with design thinking methods is preferred)
- 10+ years experience in graphic design/art direction as a part of a design agency or internal marketing team (SaaS experience a plus)
- Experience managing and motivating a team of creatives comprised of both mid-level and senior roles
- Experience with corporate marketing and a strong knowledge of the interests, needs, and concerns of modern businesses (B2B and/or technology a plus)
- Exceptional client management skills and willingness to participate in and support business development
- Expert-level skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Keynote, and G Suite required; knowledge of InVision, Flinto or other prototyping and wireframing tools desired
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
- Work on-site in Indianapolis, Indiana
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.