Graphic Design Internship
We are looking for graphic design interns who are self-directed, curious, and lifelong learners. Our dynamic work environment will allow you to flex your creative muscles and apply what you learned in school to real client work.
Studio Science helps businesses design for people. Simply put, we believe every person deserves experiences that work better.
A graphic design internship at Studio Science is a full-time, paid, six month opportunity that provides a real-world experience for design graduates and/or career changers. You won’t be sweeping the floor or grabbing coffees—you’ll be responsible for real work and gaining real experience.
As a member of a creative team, you’ll continue to develop your problem-solving and communication skills and gain broad experience in a design studio as you provide solutions and creative problem-solving expertise to our internal team and to our clients. And, you’ll be assigned a mentor to help you navigate your experience.
Candidates must have completed a minimum of a BA degree or equivalent in their program and should have advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) as well as a solid understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- conceive of and share new ideas to the projects you're assigned and to the team at large
- translate design concepts into visual solutions, applying design skills with sensitivity
- communicate interpersonally with teammates through speaking and writing
- prioritize tasks to produce accurate results within quick turnaround times
- complete production with high quality and accuracy
- follow directions and be detail-oriented
- BA or greater in graphic design/visual communications, HCI, design thinking, marketing, advertising or communications
- a generalist orientation to design including skills for brand, information, service, business, and experience in a range of contexts across analog and digital formats
- a clear point of view on the value of design for people and organizations
- ability to apply the formal elements of design with sensitivity
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent collaboration skills
- ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback
- proficiency using industry-standard design tools and software
- ability to work on-site, full-time in Indianapolis, Indiana
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.