Brand Communications Designer
Brand Communication Designers work with teammates and clients to generate concepts and then own those ideas to completion.
About Studio Science
Innovative brands collaborate with Studio Science to discover profitable opportunities, design delightful digital products, and shape desirable customer experiences. Our clients range from venture-backed startups to Fortune 500 enterprises, each with a guiding pursuit and unique set of opportunities and challenges.
For nearly two decades Studio Science has engaged the world to create meaningful value for businesses, communities and individuals. Our work and relationships stand as demonstrations of what our team members value: Boldness. Thoughtfulness. Gracefulness.
Communication designer for brand practice
Brand Designers at Studio Science develop and deliver creative solutions in response to direction from senior designers and practice directors. Designers work collaboratively with teammates and clients to conceive solid concepts and then own those ideas to completion. You will work across projects for the screen, space, device, packaging, and space. If you use design to envision the future, adapt quickly, and thrive by working with innovative, high-growth clients, this is the place for you.
- Identify and solve strategic & creative problems spread across print, digital, devices, and spaces
- Effectively translate business strategy, contextual research, language, and processes into creative concepts and solutions
- Present and defend work, supporting all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning
- Manage the design and production of expert-level presentations. publications, prototypes, logos, and illustrations.
- Suggest, write, and edit written content to support a deliverable
- Prioritize tasks to optimize for speed and quality for fast paced clients
- Maintain high quality and accuracy; check own work and work of others
- Work within a client's brand while contributing to it's long-term evolution
- Stays current with and employs appropriate new technologies
- Manage multiple projects for various clients and work with project management and team members to meet all current and future deadlines
- Be a public advocate for design and for Studio Science in the Indianapolis community
- Portfolio of work demonstrating creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 3+ years experience in a design firm, advertising agency, or other professional environment
- Strong conceptual and compositional skills
- Experience with modern corporate identity and an understanding of related marketing strategies and concepts
- Ability to interpret creative direction and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of the interests, needs, and concerns of modern businesses
- Expert-level skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Apple Keynote, and G Suite required
- Knowledge of Wordpress frameworks, HTML/CSS, InVision, Flinto, or other prototyping tools desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with non-designers and designers alike
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
- Willing and able to work on-site in Indianapolis, Indiana and travel domestically
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.