The right candidate will be resourceful and flexible enough to pick up and enhance existing websites as well as build their own from scratch. Someone who not only has the technical know-how to implement designs with accuracy and attention to detail, but also has the taste and ability to evolve the original design direction through thoughtful interaction design.
If you’re a natural problem solver, adapt quickly, and thrive by working with innovative, high-growth clients, this is the place for you.
- Translate design concepts into beautiful, responsive, interactive experiences that are accessible to all users
- Implement designs with high quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to ensure that designs are feasible to build, prior to final client approval
- Collaborate with other developers to produce websites and applications quickly
- Prioritize tasks to produce accurate results within quick turnaround times
- Make effective use of frameworks, plugins, and existing solutions to efficiently meet the needs of the project
- Mentor/partner with a small team of developers to develop/grow/mature the practice
- Maintain a high level of understanding of new paradigms and technologies used in front-end development
- 5+ years of experience as a front end engineer
- Experience implementing designs from Figma/Sketch to a pixel-perfect level of quality in HTML/CSS
- Ability to use responsive web design techniques to ensure a great experience across various devices and screen sizes
- Experience building websites and components in ReactJS
- Experience with developing custom WordPress sites/themes and making components for the Gutenberg Editor
- Experience collaborating with other developers using Git
- Experience working in an Agile application development life cycle
- Desire to collaborate and share knowledge with other developers
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback; address stressful situations with poise, understanding, and tact
- Experience developing in TypeScript a plus
- Experience doing unit testing a plus
- Understanding of backend technologies like NodeJS for service implementations a plus
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.
About Studio Science
We help businesses design for people. Simply put, we believe every person deserves experiences that work better. In an increasingly changing world, we intentionally design systems to help our clients evolve with their customers’ needs. We recognize that business evolution and change is hard. We believe that honesty is the only policy, that none of us are as smart as all of us, and that being great is a choice.
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.