The ideal candidate will be an exceptional interaction designer who is passionate about brand storytelling to achieve business objectives. You will own several projects at a time. Typically, you may act as a day-to-day project principal (sometimes collaborating with directors and leads of other creative disciplines on larger, more complex programs). You will regularly collaborate with technologists, program managers, content strategists, and brand strategists. This role reports to the Brand Interaction Design Lead.
You will build relationships with clients while advising and supporting the Studio Science project team. You will work across every stage of the project lifecycle to ensure that the creative concepts and design decisions are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses.
- Design custom B2B and B2C websites that support brand marketing business objectives and user needs
- Consult in ambiguous situations to solve complex problems using design and creativity
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, and strategists to design engaging solutions
- Approach problems inclusively and equitably to improve outcomes
- Communicate ideas and opinions (using a range of modalities: through visualization, writing, and speaking) with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders in a manner that is thoughtful and respectful
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders that foster trust and inspire confidence
- Prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Be an active and engaged member of the Studio Science community who helps to advance our collective ambitions, which are above and beyond providing frontline billable services
- Develop and communicate a relevant and engaging point of view as an emerging thought leader in your profession
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following experiences and abilities:
- Deploy professional UX/UI tools with dexterity (speed and finesse). Expert-level skills using Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe CS are required. Experience using Miro and Mural is desirable
- Create a range of prototypes, including thumbnail sketches, wireframes, and lower fidelity to fully interactive
- Create component libraries and design systems to collaborate with developers seamlessly
- Visual design portfolio that documents expert-level skills in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Experience Design, User Interface Design, or a similar field
- Communicate with peers, clients, and partners about the value of a people-centered design mindset, design methodologies, and the significance of design interactions, experiences, and artifacts
- Navigate complex and ambiguous situations with agility using tangible and repeatable creative problem-solving processes
- Collaborate with diverse members of cross-disciplinary teams
- Facilitate design processes with customers and cross-functional team members, including running online and offline workshops and interviews with clients and partners to validate design decisions.
- Translate business and customer requirements into a compelling holistic experience across different touchpoints
- Deliver Interaction Design outcomes within time and budget constraints
- Support the planning and execution of user and usability testing
- Create and maintain design systems
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology, translating its impact on design solutions
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.
About Studio Science
We help businesses design for people. Simply put, we believe every person deserves experiences that work better. In an increasingly changing world, we intentionally design systems to help our clients evolve with their customers’ needs. We recognize that business evolution and change are hard. We believe that honesty is the only policy, that none of us are as smart as all of us, and that being great is a choice.
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.