As the production design lead, you are a skilled listener who can quickly adapt existing concepts and guide your team toward executing engaging and meaningful solutions across multiple mediums. You know which levers to pull to keep things fresh and engaging while maintaining the integrity of the client’s brand. You collaborate effortlessly with diverse teams and stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives. You deeply understand the value of creating efficiencies and standardized processes, and champion this across the studio and your team. You’re the undisputed trouble-shooter when technical errors arise, the one most likely to have tried that new plugin, and the team member to uphold the standard of excellence in each project that goes out the door.
You are skilled in working through competing priorities and can manage multiple tasks and client relationships with a cool head. You have the experience and desire to lead a team of production designers through the day-to-day tasks that contribute to their skill development and success at the studio. Most importantly, you genuinely care about the quality of your work and your role in establishing and maintaining our client’s brands and our agency’s reputation. This role reports to the Brand Design Director.
- Approach design with a strategic mindset
- Take ownership in establishing the design workflow, directives, and goals. Demonstrate analytical skills necessary to evaluate project scope and timelines
- React quickly to new information, opinions, and direction, and strategically pivot the team when necessary
- Contribute ideas and guidance to meet our client’s goals across various deliverables, including physical, digital, and interactive
- Work quickly and efficiently with a proclivity for details and project organization
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, and strategists to create engaging and cohesive solutions
- Foster an environment that embraces an iterative design process and timely and relevant feedback throughout
- Build strong relationships with clients that foster trust and inspire confidence
- Express your point of view thoughtfully across communications to the client, with the team, and the broader studio
- Approach problems inclusively and equitably to design solutions that deliver better experiences for everyone
- Own all aspects of production design, providing feedback and oversight of creative deliverables, keeping projects on brand and on time, and prioritizing work based in collaboration with project management
- Manage a team of production designers with varying experience levels
- Expertise in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace
- Strong visual problem-solving skills – deconstructing complex information for easier audience understanding
- Outstanding design skills plus the ability to guide, evaluate, and, when necessary, redirect creative development
- Upholds high attention to detail across the team, ensuring solutions align with existing creative standards
- Ability to evolve and extend creative concepts with a scrupulous eye for detail: making corrections and improvements to final executions in user experience, typography, color management, asset/image management, file prep, etc
- Strong critical thinking skills. You are constantly examining, evaluating, and learning ways to optimize processes
- Efficiency-first mindset, focused on working smarter instead of harder to meet tight deadlines on various work streams
- 7–10 years experience in an advertising agency, design firm, or as part of a marketing team (SaaS experience a plus)
- Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Embodies a proactive approach and learner’s mindset; an ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere a plus
- You operate with an inclusive mindset and have experience working with groups across differences in respectful and equitable ways
Base compensation: $70,000-$108,000
This role is eligible for other compensation, including bonuses.
About Studio Science
We help businesses design with people. Simply put, we believe every person deserves experiences that work better. We intentionally design systems to help our clients evolve with their customers’ needs. We recognize that business evolution and change are hard. We believe that honesty is the only policy, that none of us are as smart as all of us, and that being great is a choice.
Studio Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Studio Science complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
It is not typical to be hired at or near the top of the range for a given role at Studio Science. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Studio Science. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other team members. We expect the majority of candidates who are offered roles at our studio will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.